Easy to make and budget-friendly 3-ingredient vegan pancakes.
I am a savoury pancake type of girl, but this recipe is the one and massive exception. Because it’s just good. Needless to explain why I love these pancakes: bananas, oats and milk, you know you love those things. Breakfast in 15 minutes? Great! All the work done by the food processor? Yes, please! Affordable ingredients which you most likely always have at home? Perfect! Case closed.
You have asked me so many times to share more of my cheap recipes. If I had a dollar for every time you asked me, I could post fancier and more expensive recipes here. But since nobody has that dollar for me and I am here to please you (and because obviously those are my personal favourite recipes too), I’m gonna start to make more of these cheap recipes. I even started a cool, new Budget-friendly category. Because I love you and want to make you happy.
One last thing before we start to eat. There are just about 2,47 billion different toppings you can add on top of these pancakes to make everyday a new and exciting breakfast, so get creative! My favourites are:
- Nut and seed butters
- Coconut whipped cream
- Soy or coconut yogurt
- Maple syrup or agave
- Fresh or frozen berries
- Dried fruits
- Banana slices, mango cubes or papaya slices
- Apple sauce or any pureed fruit
- A mix of avocado and cocoa
- (N)Ice cream
But of course it’s best if you put all that goodness on top!
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1 ripe banana
- ½ cup of plant milk (I used vanilla soy milk)
- optional: cinnamon, vanilla, ginger
- Place oats to a food processor and pulse until oat flour forms.
- Add banana and milk and blend until smooth, like a pancake batter.
- Heat a nonstick pan on medium heat. Use coconut oil to grease pan if it's not a nonstick pan.
- Add batter to the hot pan (using a small ladle) and cook for about 2 minutes each sides.
- Serve warm or cold with toppings of your choice. Enjoy!