I am so happy asparagus season is here. It’s definitely in the top 3 of my favorite foods. This asparagus and millet salad with radishes, sprouts and a simple cashew dressing is a great way to enjoy the flavors of spring. I could eat it all day long!
What’s great about this recipe that it takes really no time to make it but it tastes heavenly. It’s so fresh with all the spring vegetables and at the same time so filling thanks for the millet and the cashew dressing. You can make a large portion of it and keep it in the fridge for the next days. It tastes delicious cold or warm, so it makes a great dinner and an even better picnic food. Sorry, it’s getting really warm here so all I can think of is picnic foods.
- ½ cup of millet
- 12 asparagus
- 10 radishes
- 1 can of gungo peas (or any beans of your choice)
- 1 large handful of pumpkin seeds
- 1 large handful of sprouts (I used beetroot sprouts)
- olive oil
- for the dressing:
- 2 lime, juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup of soaked cashews
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- salt, pepper
- Cook millet in 1-1,5 cup of water for about 20 minutes.
- While millet is cooking heat up a bit of olive oil in grill pan or in a large frying pan. Add asparagus and grill for 3-5 minutes.
- Slice radishes thinly, drain beans and prepare dressing by mixing every ingredient together in a food processor.
- To serve place millet on a plate, add veggies and pumpkin seeds, pour the dressing and decorate with sprouts or simply mix everything together in a big bowl. Enjoy!