This beautiful green asparagus and pea soup is a super fast recipe that tastes fresh and light. It requires only a couple of ingredients and a blender but it’s seriously delicious!
I guess I’m not alone, but this vibrant green color makes me feel so happy! Spring is about asparagus and lovely colors, so this soup is just perfection for me! It’s loaded with veggies and herbs, it’s creamy and super flavorful: minty, herby, lemony, coconutty, sweet and savory. You can eat it warm or cold, and it’s so good with pine nuts, almonds, hazelnuts, sprouts, olive oil and lemon juice on top. Om nom nom….
- 500 g green asparagus
- 1 cup of frozen green peas
- 2 scallions
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup of fresh basil
- few fresh mint
- ½ cup of coconut cream
- 2-3 cup of water or vegetable broth
- salt, pepper
- Cut asparagus and scallion into small pieces and add to a large pot with green peas and coconut oil. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour boiling water or vegetable broth over the vegetables and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Add the mixture to a blender with herbs and coconut cream and blend until smooth.
- Return the soup to the pot. Heat it up a bit, season with salt and pepper and serve warm or cold with lemon juice on top. Enjoy!