Lemony asparagus and lima bean pasta salad with creamy roasted bell pepper and almond sauce.
Oh, look, another asparagus recipe. What a surprise! I know….But what can I do when the season is so short? Right? This cold pasta salad with lima beans and grilled asparagus makes a great spring or summer meal. Believe me, this combination is an absolute must in asparagus season: the creamy, lemony, roasted bell pepper and almond based sauce with the delicate lima beans and crunchy, refreshing asparagus are what I call perfection! This vegan pasta salad is also super quick and easy to make, delicious cold or warm, so it’s a fabulous dish to serve on picnics, barbecues or just as a quick weeknight dinner.
Though this salad makes a wonderful quick lunch or dinner, it’s best as a barbecue food. So just a quick tip: Mix together your pasta with the beans and the sauce, chill in the fridge until serving, then just throw the asparagus on the grill for a few minutes until they start to have those super pretty grill marks. Finally mix the warm asparagus with the cold salad, and voila, you have the very best side dish for BBQ. It goes really well with grilled veggies, tofu, faux meats and sausages, flatbreads, and burgers.
Oh, and if you want to eat more asparagus, check out these recipes:
One-Pot Asparagus and Spinach Gnocchi
Green Spring Salad with Asparagus
Creamy Asparagus and Pea Soup with Coconut
Asparagus and Millet Salad
Green Quinoa Bowl with Asparagus and Zucchini
Mini Herbed Tofu Burgers with Green Asparagus Salad
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would highly appreciate if you could leave a comment and rate it. Also don’t forget to take a picture and tag it on Instagram (use the hashtag #greenevi) or post it on Facebook! I love seeing what you come up with! ♥︎
- 200 g/0.5 pound of pasta of your choice (I used GF penne)
- 200 g/0.5 pound of green asparagus
- 1 can of lima beans
- ½ cup of almond flour
- 1 roasted bell pepper from a jar
- 4 cherry tomatoes (optional)
- 1 tbsp white miso
- 2 tbsp tahini
- ½ yellow onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 lemon, zest+juice
- fresh dill to serve
- salt, pepper
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile pasta is cooking, place almond flour, bell pepper, tomatoes, miso, tahini, diced onion, garlic, lemon juice and zest (keep a little for decorating) to a blender and blend until completely smooth. Add a few tablespoons of water if the sauce is too thick.
- In a grill pan grill asparagus for 2-4 minutes or until they have grill marks.* Cut into smaller pieces.
- Add drained pasta, lima beans, pasta sauce and grilled asparagus pieces to a large bowl. Toss to coat everywhere.
- Serve immediately or after chilling, garnished with extra lemon zest, dill and black pepper if desired. Enjoy!