Delicious and healthy beetroot and chickpea burger.
Warning! The following recipe is truly addictive. Dangerously tasty. Veggie burger heaven! This burger is filling, simple to make and only requires a few simple ingredients (as usual). The patty is firm on the outside and tender on the inside, exactly what a veggie burger should be. Beetroot and chickpea burger is smoky, hearty, savoury, subtly spiced and seriously satisfying. Oh my goodness, almost too good to be true!
You wouldn’t guess how often we eat burgers, because there is no burger recipe on the blog. How come? I am not sure, probably it’s because we just make burgers from anything we have at home: beans, lentils, veggies, rice, quinoa, bread crumbs or oats. That’s my favourite part about veggie burgers, I can just mix together basically anything in my food processor and it’s always good. Ok, my favourite part is actually that burgers are super duper delicious! Who doesn’t love burgers, seriously?
If you’ve followed me on Instagram for a while, you know I’ve made many veggie burgers in the past. You have asked me so often for the recipes that you made me feel totally guilty I never had one for you. So here you are, a delicious beetroot and chickpea recipe, I hope you will like it!
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 2 medium size cooked beetroots (you can also use raw beets)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ cup of oats
- ⅓ cup of nutritional yeast
- bunch of fresh parsley
- dash of liquid smoke
- salt, pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Rinse and drain chickpeas very well and dice beets and onion.
- Add chickpeas, beets, onion, garlic, oat, nutritional yeast, parsley, liquid smoke, salt and pepper to a food processor and process until everything is mixed well together but still has a bit of a chunky consistency.
- Divide the mixture into 8 portions and shape into patties. If the mixture is too wet, add a couple tablespoons of oat flour first.
- Arrange patties on the baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes, turning them over once halfway through baking time.
- Serve on buns (GF if you prefer) with red onion, avocado, tomato, greens and garlicky maple-tahini. Enjoy!