Black rice and raspberry salad with sprouts, mint, and a sweet mustard dressing.
This very simple, but totally flavourful black rice and raspberry salad is bright, fresh and incredibly healthy. Packed with iron-rich, earthy black rice, sweet berries, refreshing mint, crunchy sprouts, delicious pine nuts and a bright yellow maple-mustard dressing, this beautiful mixture is hard to resist. This salad makes a lovely appetiser or a light yet filling dinner, plus it’s great for potlucks, picnics or to take with you to work for lunch.
I’m totally proud of myself because I really wanted to share a proper recipe for Valentine’s day this year, and look what’s here?! A tasty and beautiful (not dessert) dish that happens to be one of the most delicious things I’ve made in the last months. Since this salad looks so pretty and tastes amazing I feel it’s the perfect light side or appetiser to serve on a Valentine’s day dinner. And because it would be kinda lame to start a rant about such an easy and quick salad, all I’ll say today is that please try this nutrient packed black rice and raspberry salad because you’ll fall in love for sure!
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would highly appreciate if you could leave a comment and rate it. Also don’t forget to take a picture and tag it on Instagram (use the hashtag #greenevi) or post it on Facebook! I love seeing what you come up with! ♥︎
- 1 cup of black rice
- 1 cup of mixed sprouts (I used broccoli and radish sprouts)
- 1 cup of raspberry
- ½ cup of fresh mint
- 3 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 1 lime, juice + zest
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- salt, pepper
- Start by cooking rice until tender, about 35 minutes. Drain well and let cool.
- For the dressing combine lime juice, mustard, vinegar and maple syrup, and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix together sprouts, raspberry, chopped mint, toasted pine nuts and lime zest in a bowl. Add rice and dressing and toss gently to combine. Enjoy!