A wonderful roasted carrot and parsnip salad with the most delicious, creamy and delicious dressing made with roasted garlic and tahini. The perfectly satisfying salad. Yes, it is. Super satisfying!
Do you love parsnips? What’s your favourite way to eat them? I am a huge fan of roasting them! And then dip them in homemade ketchup. Or just add them to a salad. Just like this one: Healthy and somehow so so so sexy! Oh, and you know what’s the best? Nobody can’t complain about this one here: it’s filling, rich and full with the most amazing textures and flavours, it’s definitely not the boring type. So make it for all those salad haters and impress them!
I love the combination of the sweet carrot and earthy-nutty parsnip but the salad would work with any roasted root vegetables, so use whatever you have.
- 2 parsnips (1/4 kg)
- 5-10 small or 2-3 large carrots (1/4 kg)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 purple onion
- ⅓ cup of hazelnuts
- ½ cup of olives
- 2 large handful of mixed greens
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt, pepper, cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 lime, juice
- 1 handful of fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Peel carrots and parsnips and cut them into smaller pieces. Toss them with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and olive oil and bake for about 25-35 minutes.
- Meanwhile roast hazelnuts then chop them a bit, slice onion and add them to a large bowl with the mixed greens and olives.
- Once the roasted carrots and parsnips are done, add them to the salad too.
- For the dressing mix together roasted garlic, tahini, water, lime juice, basil and pepper in a blender. Pour over the salad and serve warm. Enjoy!