Roasted bell peppers, coconut milk, basil and orange juice: just a few simple ingredients make this amazing cold summer soup. It’s super easy to make, but it’s a real treat in the hot summer weather. It’s sweet and savoury, refreshing and filling, healthy and super flavourful. And oh that colour….a real eye candy!
Moving cities and sitting on piles of boxes are everything but pleasant in this crazy hot weather. So cold blender soups are my savers. We eat tons of gazpachos, carrot, mushroom, green pea, zucchini and lentil soups. They are all quick to make and easy to prepare with limited kitchen tools, too. And the best part is that I can prepare a lots of these soups and eat for days!
So please enjoy this summery soup, it’s unbelievable creamy and delicious! (And please excuse my short posts and that I am not so responsive nowadays. I’ll be back soon.)
- 4 roasted bell peppers from a jar*
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 bunch of basil
- 1 cup of water/veggie broth
- 1 orange, juice
- 2 cloves of garlic (optional)
- salt, pepper
- Drain and deseed bell pepper and add to a blender with every ingredients, then blend until smooth.
- Adjust seasoning if necessary and serve cold. Enjoy!
Let them cool a bit before peeling and deseeding.