I love cream(y) soups, especially in these cold months. It is raining here in Northern Germany everyday, it’s cold and everything gray. I need warm, filling but healthy dinners, bonus if I don’t have to stand for ages in the kitchen.
This carrot soup doesn’t need longer than 10 minutes of preparation, and the end result is so exciting, one of the best soups I’ve ever made! Carrot, coconut and peanut butter, warming and exotic at the same time. It is a lovely dinner with a slice of toast, and I also enjoyed it the next day cold. Give it a try, you won’t regret it.
- 7-8 bigger carrots
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ cup of creamy coconut milk
- 2-3 cups of vegetable stock or water
- 1-2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- ginger, turmeric
- salt, pepper
- Heat the coconut oil in a sauce pan, add the finely chopped onions and cook for about 3 minutes. Add the thinly sliced carrots and garlic and cook them on for 3-5 more minutes.
- Add the spices with the veggie stock to the carrots and cook for about 15-20 minutes or until the carrots get soft.
- Add the coconut milk and peanut butter and blend everything well together. You can add less or more vegetable stock/water depending on how thick you like your soup. Pour the soup into bowls and sprinkle with roasted almond. Enjoy!