I really felt today eating something orange or red. I needed pumpkin, autumn food, and something what warms me up. It is just so cold, soups are lifesavers for me this time. I had a small pumpkin and a few bell peppers in my fridge so they seemed to be the perfect combination.
And yes, they are so tasty together! This soup is extra creamy, so flavorful and has the loveliest color ever. The roasted sweet pumpkin and bell pepper with the spicy chili are so amazing! Just the thought of this food made me happy.
I enjoy roasted vegetable soups so much, I just cut the veggies, put them in the oven, then blend them with everything I fancy together and that’s it. Lovely, rich dinner! Yumm!
- 2 bell pepper
- 1 small pumpkin - 700g
- 2 clove of garlic
- 3 cup of water or vegetable stock
- pumpkin seed oil
- fresh herbs (I used basil, thyme, rosemary and parsley)
- salt, pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Cut the pumpkin into small pieces and place them on a baking tray. Season with chili, salt and pepper and drizzle a bit of pumpkin seed on it. Place the whole bell peppers on the baking tray too, and bake them all together for 30-40 minutes.
- Let them cool a bit, then peel and deseed the bell peppers and add every ingredient to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture to a sauce pan and warm it up. Enjoy!