Green spring salad with asparagus, avocado, broccolini, zucchini and green peas.
This beautiful, vibrant green salad is the perfect way to celebrate the best, fresh spring produce. It would make a wonderful light and healthy dish to help you get that bikini body, because it’s extremely refreshing, light, yet filling and satisfying. Sweet green peas are combined here with crunchy roasted arugula and broccolini, creamy avocado slices and fresh herbs, then it’s all dressed with a tangy lemon vinaigrette. This simple and seasonal salad is also lovely for picnics, potlucks or just as a little snack.
I know I say healthy all the time, but I have to admit I actually really don’t care about healthy lifestyle as much as it may seem. I don’t exercise regularly (definitely not daily), I like to have a glass of wine with my dinner and I don’t freak out, when I have to eat pizza, burgers or candies – not the healthy types. However I actually eat pretty healthy on a daily basis, just because that what’s making me feel the best. I don’t munch on carrot sticks and hummus, because it’s a better choice than chips, I simply love them more than chips. Same goes for salads, stews, soups, you know….These foods give me more energy and make me feel full but not bloated. Also, I haven’t been sick for a very long time, which is probably the best part. And most importantly I just love the taste of nuts, fruits and veggies!
This salad is one pretty good example here. It’s just so freaking delicious, that you absolutely forget you eat only veggies. Try it and love it!
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would highly appreciate if you could leave a comment and rate it. Also don’t forget to take a picture and tag it on Instagram (use the hashtag #greenevi) or post it on Facebook! I love seeing what you come up with! ♥︎
- 1 bunch of broccolini
- 1 bunch of green asparagus
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup of fresh green peas
- ½ zucchini
- ¼ cup fresh oregano leaves
- 2 lemons
- 2 tbsp pistachio oil (or olive oil)
- salt, pepper
- Arrange asparagus and broccolini on a baking tray in a single layer, drizzle with the juice of one lemon, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and bake for about 10 minutes at 200°C/400ºF.
- For the dressing whisk together juice of one lemon, oil, salt and pepper.
- Slice avocado and zucchini thinly, zest one lemon and add to a big bowl with oregano leaves, roasted broccolini and asparagus and lemon dressing. Mix well together. Enjoy!