I am so excited about summer recipes! This beautiful green soup is just one of those, it’s loaded with veggies and fresh herbs: zucchini, arugula, green peas, dill and basil. It’s refreshing and makes a perfectly satisfying summer midweek meal.
This is a fairly simple recipe again. And cheap. And quick. And healthy. And vegan. Everything you have ever dreamed about. The soup is slightly sweet from the peas, lightly peppery-mustardy from the arugula and super fresh from the herbs. It’s just so light and creamy, I could eat it everyday. Oh, wait, I do actually: the soup is great when cold, so you can just make a huge portion and keep it in the fridge and eat in the next days too.
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 1,5 cup of green peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1 large handful of arugula (or spinach)
- 1 bunch of dill
- 1 bunch of basil
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 2-3 cup of water or vegetable broth
- salt, pepper
- Cut zucchinis into smaller pieces and sauté them on coconut oil for about 5 minutes. Add green peas and cook for an other 2 minutes (if you use frozen peas this could take about 5 minutes).
- Add sautéed veggies, arugula, herbs, garlic, nutritional yeast, water and seasoning to a blender and blend until smooth. Adjust consistency with water. Serve cold or warm. Enjoy!