Grilled corn salad bowl with beluga lentils, quick pickled onions, avocado, chili, arugula, pine nuts and fresh basil. Everything you have ever dreamed about comes together in this flavour and texture-packed salad. It’s just the perfect healthy and filling summer dish.
For me nothing says summer like corns. Growing up I spent half of my summer vacations at my grandparents’ place and we ate cooked or baked or grilled corn almost everyday. Sometimes at home but mainly at the beach. It was just the coolest thing ever! Still now I could eat corn probably every summer day, but unfortunately it’s just not how things work….but whenever I feel a bit nostalgic I get some corn and it makes me instantly happy. Especially when it comes with such a beautiful salad.
I have recently posted the recipe for my favourite quick pickled onions, which are so yummy in this salad bowl! Not to mention the pretty pink colour which makes any salad super appetizing!
- 2 ears fresh corn
- ½ cup of beluga lentils
- ½ cup of quick pickled onions
- 1 avocado
- 4 handful of arugula
- ¼ cup of toasted pine nuts
- 1 fresh chili
- 10 basil leaves
- 2 limes
- olive oil
- salt, pepper
- Cook lentils for 15-20 minutes until tender but not falling apart. Drain and let cool a bit.
- Meanwhile break corns in half and grill them in a grill pan until kernels are tender and start to get a bit brown. It takes 15-20 minutes too.
- Slice avocados and chop chili and basil finely.
- Add arugula, basil, corns, lentils, avocado, onions, pine nuts and chili to a big bowl (or 2 or 4 bowls), drizzle lime juice and olive oil on top, then season with salt and pepper. Enjoy!