Delicious lentil and quinoa bowl with roasted parsnip, cabbage, apple and an almond-tomato sauce.
This lentil and quinoa bowl is full of healthy ingredients, delicious flavours and all the crazy cool textures. It’s the perfect bowl for cold winter days when you want something nourishing, yet filling and heart-warming. This bowl is an absolute carb and protein heaven, with tons of amazing sweet, savoury, raw, cooked and roasted deliciousness. You’ll love this lentil and quinoa bowl, because it’s simple and easy to make, it’s incredibly satisfying and so good for you!
If it’s not your first time here or you follow me on Instagram, you might have noticed that I’m very into salads. Cold or warm, simple side salads and big beautiful platters, seasonal or totally random, sweet or savoury, I really do like them all. However my favourites have always been on the more satiating side, especially in the winter time. My salads have to be packed with things like pasta, baked potatoes, sweet potatoes, rice, corn, tempeh, brussels sprouts, chickpeas, cauliflower, roasted carrots, millet, wheat berries or quinoa….just to name a few of my favs. And of course lentils, roasted parsnip, apple and cabbage, like in this lovely bowl here. And probably most importantly this creamy almond butter and tomato sauce. Because this sauce is so crazy good you will want to put it on everything!
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would highly appreciate if you could leave a comment and rate it. Also don’t forget to take a picture and tag it on Instagram (use the hashtag #greenevi) or post it on Facebook! I love seeing what you come up with! ♥︎
- 5-6 parsnip
- 1 lime, juice
- 1,5 tsp fresh thyme
- ½ cup of beluga lentils
- 1,5 cups of cooked quinoa
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 orange, juice
- ¼ head of red cabbage, shredded
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups of lettuce of your choice
- 1 apple
- handful of fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- salt, pepper
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp tomato pure
- pinch of smoked paprika
- salt, pepper
- Peel parsnips and cut them into smaller pieces. Toss them with lime juice, thyme, salt and pepper, and bake at 200°C/400ºF for about 25-35 minutes.
- Cook lentils for 15-20 minutes until tender but not falling apart. Drain and let cool a bit.
- Add cabbage, vinegar, maple syrup, cinnamon and ¼ cup of water to a pan and cook for about 15 minutes until liquid is absorbed and cabbage is slightly softened.
- Meanwhile mix together cooked quinoa, orange juice and cayenne pepper. Season with salt and pepper.
- For the sauce add all sauce ingredients to a blender and process until creamy. Add a few tablespoons of water if too thick.
- To assemble the bowls spiralize or thinly slice apple. Divide lettuce, apple, quinoa, cabbage, roasted parsnip and lentils between 2 or 3 serving bowls and top with sauce, hemp seeds and fresh parsley. Enjoy!