One-pot asparagus and spinach gnocchi for a quick vegan meal.
This one-pot asparagus and spinach gnocchi is a lovely seasonal dish, which is full of flavours and textures. Filling and satisfying potato balls are covered with a creamy spinach sauce, crunchy asparagus, sweet green peas and fresh cilantro, then it’s all topped with tangy lime and orange zest for an extra flavour burst. It’s also super easy (one-pot) and quick (15 minutes) to make, so it’s just perfect for a ridiculously simple weeknight dinner. And it’s also healthy. Easy to eat your greens when you’ve got delicious gnocchi dishes like this.
I love asparagus. It’s delicious cooked, roasted and even raw, it goes amazingly well with other spring veggies, such as green peas and spinach, and it’s super duper good for you! Every spring I get a little bit crazy when it’s asparagus season. I eat it until I get bored of it, seriously. It’s a good tactic, otherwise I don’t know how I could live without it for about 10 months. I eat it raw for breakfast, roasted in salads for lunch and with pasta for dinner. Yep! Asparagus season is a good season.
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would highly appreciate if you could leave a comment and rate it. Also don’t forget to take a picture and tag it on Instagram (use the hashtag #greenevi) or post it on Facebook! I love seeing what you come up with! ♥︎
- 400 g gnocchi
- 1 onion
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- ⅔ cup of frozen green peas
- 3 cups of spinach
- 3-4 tbsp almond milk
- 1 handful of fresh cilantro (or basil, parsley...)
- 2 limes, juice
- ½ tbsp lime zest
- ½ tbsp orange zest
- salt, pepper
- Dice onion, cut asparagus into smaller pieces, chop spinach and cilantro.
- Start by cooking onion with a few tablespoons of water in a large skillet until translucent. Add gnocchi and a little bit more water, and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Add asparagus, green peas, spinach, cilantro and almond milk, and cook for about 2 more minutes, until everything is well combined and warm.
- Stir in lime juice, lime and orange zest. Serve warm or cold. Enjoy!