Quick, easy and cheap pasta with kidney bean sauce recipe.
This delicious pasta with kidney bean sauce takes just 15 minutes to prepare, is extremely simple to make, requires only a few, budget-friendly ingredients, but tastes unbelievable good. It’s smoky, slightly spicy, savoury, comforting, satisfying, vegan and gluten-free (just use your favourite GF pasta). It’s a great alternative to traditional tomato sauce.
This pasta sauce is also fabulous with white beans, black beans or a mixture of them. Great with turmeric, red pepper flakes, coriander and any fresh herbs. You can also add extra tomato paste or fresh tomatoes, grilled corn, roasted bell pepper or chickpeas. It goes especially well with corn pasta, rice or quinoa. And it also makes a delicious bread spread. Such a win!
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would highly appreciate if you could leave a comment and rate it. Also don’t forget to take a picture and tag it on Instagram (use the hashtag #greenevi) or post it on Facebook! I love seeing what you come up with! ♥︎
- 200 gr/7 ounce pasta of your choice (I used GF corn spaghetti)
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 can of kidney beans
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- dash of liquid smoke (optional)
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- handful of arugula
- salt, pepper
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions.
- Dice onion, mince garlic and add to a large skillet with a few tablespoons of water. Cook for about 5 minutes, until translucent.
- Add drained beans, balsamic vinegar, tomato paste, oregano, liquid smoke, paprika, cayenne, salt and pepper, and cook for another 5-10 minutes. Add a bit more water if too thick. Mash beans a little bit with fork if you prefer a smoother texture.
- Serve hot on pasta and with arugula on top. Enjoy!