Super delicious vegan peanut, cilantro, miso and ginger grilled veggie skewers.
These cute little veggie skewers are perfect for summer barbecue time. Marinated in a creamy, herby peanut and miso sauce, these colourful veggie kebabs make a tasty and healthy grilled side or main. This marinade is packed with tons of flavours to take your favourite veggies to a whole new level. I can guarantee you it’s gonna be a hit even with the craziest veggie haters. Plus it’s super quick and easy to whip up.
It feels a bit late to post a barbecue recipe, since the summer is almost over, but as I always say better late then never. Okay, I’m pretty sure I’ve never used this phrase before, and never will again, but who cares, it’s true. This summer has gone soooo fast, or in our case it actually hasn’t really arrived. In April and May and maybe even in June we were grilling outside a few times, but since that there wasn’t a single weekend it wasn’t raining or I didn’t have to work. I planned on posting a lots of great grill recipes with beautiful picnic pictures (cause that’s how we do it here – in parks), but the clouds in Hamburg have decided they’d prefer to see Potato Casserole and Artichoke Tart recipes here instead. What can I do?
Anyhow, I’ve decided I’d hate myself if I didn’t have at least one quick grilled recipe on the blog this year, so I took out my trusty little grill pan while cursing the unpredictable weather to share with you one of our favourite barbecue marinade recipes. It was a massive success in our house (and parks) for sure. This time I grilled corn, cherry tomatoes, zucchinis and mushrooms, but feel free to change this up with using whatever veggies, tofu, tempeh or store-bought veggie meat you wish.
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would highly appreciate if you could leave a comment and rate it. Also don’t forget to take a picture and tag it on Instagram (use the hashtag #greenevi) or post it on Facebook! I love seeing what you come up with! ♥︎
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes
- 1 corn
- 1 small zucchini
- 1,5 cups of halved mushrooms
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp white miso
- 1 cup of fresh cilantro
- 1 lemon, juice
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp fresh, grated ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 dash of hot sauce
- 1 cup of water
- salt, pepper
- Prepare veggies. Slice zucchinis, halve mushrooms and cut corn into 2 cm/1 inch pieces. Place vegetables in a large bowl.
- Add marinade ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Add marinade to vegetables and toss to coat. Let it marinade for at least 20 minutes, but the longer the better.
- Skewer vegetables on 4-6 skewers. Reserve the remaining marinade in the bowl.
- Grill skewers in a grill pan or on the barbecue for about 5 minutes, then turn them over and brush with more marinade. Grill for another 3-5 minutes, until veggies are tender and have grill marks. Serve immediately. Enjoy!