Delicious Pulled Jackfruit Summer Rolls with sprouts and veggies.
Here we are again, going to blow my own trumpet, but I can’t help, these pulled jackfruit summer rolls are seriously genius. The jackfruit is extra meaty, sweet and savoury and packed with all the flavours you’ve ever dreamed about. The summer rolls are fresh, light, crunchy and simply irresistible. You know I suck at describing food so you just have to trust in me with this once again, these rolls are going to be your new favourites!
There’s really not much to say about this recipe. It’s a super simple and basic one, but it’s so flavoursome. If you follow me on Instagram you probably know that I’m a huge fan of spring and summer rolls and make them weekly. I love them mainly because they are refreshing, pretty, easy to make and I can use up all my random leftover veggies. Usually I go with simple versions (with leftover veggies), but sometimes I love to make them a bit more satiating. So far tofu and tempeh were my best friends in this mission but recently I discovered that combining my standard pulled jackfruit recipe with spring/summer rolls opens a whole new world to my tastebuds.
Needless to say, but this recipe is totally customisable. Use your favourite veggies, herbs and fruits (mango and avocado work really well here) for the rolls, and spice your jackfruit however you like it. I really enjoy this spice combo, but I have to admit that usually I just go with whatever spices I have on hands. This oil-free method of making pulled jackfruit is working like a charm if you have a great non-stick pan, otherwise use a bit of coconut oil to make sure your jackfruit doesn’t stick to the pan.
Also, this pulled
pork jackfruit is delish in so many other dishes! Use it for burgers, pizza, or wraps, or just serve it as it is with rice, potato or salad. So good!
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would highly appreciate if you could leave a comment and rate it. Also don’t forget to take a picture and tag it on Instagram (use the hashtag #greenevi) or post it on Facebook! I love seeing what you come up with! ♥︎
- 10 rice papers
- 1 can of young green jackfruit in water
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp white miso
- ¼ cup of thick coconut milk
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp ground coriander
- ⅛ tsp ground cardamom
- ½ green bell pepper
- ½ cucumber
- 1 carrot
- 1 cup of sprouts
- 1 cup of cilantro
- Drain and rinse jackfruit. Remove its seeds, then using your fingers, a knife or a fork, shred the jackfruit into smaller pieces.
- In a large bowl whisk together ½ cup of water, soy sauce, miso, coconut milk, ginger, garlic and spices.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add jackfruit and cook for 5-10 minutes stirring frequently, until starts to brown. Add 1-2 tablespoons of water at a time to keep jackfruit from sticking to skillet.
- Pour the sauce over jackfruit and cook for 15 minutes or until sauce thickens. Season with salt if needed.
- Remove from heat, set aside and let cool completely.
- Slice veggies into thin slivers.
- Fill a skillet or a baking dish with warm water and dip a rice paper for about 10 seconds. Transfer to a plate or cutting board.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of the jackfruits and a handful of veggies and sprouts to the bottom half of each rice paper. Fold the sides inward, then roll the rice paper. Repeat until your fillings are used up.
- Serve immediately with dipping sauce of your choice. Enjoy!