Gluten-free, vegan, spiced raw carrot cake with creamy cashew frosting.
Raw carrot cake with cashew frosting is a delicious dessert for any occasion. It’s a pretty, sweet treat, that perfectly mimics the texture of the classic carrot cake, but it happens to be way healthier. This recipe is a quick and easy one with a few simple ingredients, and it is also great for using leftover carrot pulp from juicing. And the creamy-dreamy cashew cheese frosting, oh boy, it’s like heaven. I have to warn you, you may eat all of it before you could even serve it. It’s just too good.
I have talked about it many times, I am not a baker. I just suck at baking. Maybe I could bake if I followed a recipe step by step, but that’s just not my style – it’s too much work for me. Luckily I don’t have a major sweet tooth, so it’s easy to live with this disability. And for every other times, when only something sweet could make me happy, I have my trusty little vegan café near me and raw desserts. Because raw desserts are the best! Every time of the year. We love to eat these raw carrot cakes for Easter, Christmas and basically any day. Super duper deliciousness, so go, make these cakes! That’s all I have to say today…
- 1,5 cups of grated carrots
- ⅔ cup of dates
- ½ cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup of walnuts
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup of cashews
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- pinch of vanilla bean
- 3-4 tbsp maple syrup
- chopped walnuts, orange zest and raisins to decorate
- For the carrot cakes add grated carrot, dates, coconut, walnuts, cinnamon and nutmeg to a food processor and pulse until everything is in really small pieces and sticks together.
- Press carrot mix into the bottom of your cake molds. I used 6 small springform pans (8cm/3inch), but you can use one large cake form instead. Let it set in the fridge until you prepare the frosting.
- For the frosting place cashews, lemon juice, coconut oil, vanilla and maple syrup to a blender and blend until completely smooth and creamy. If necessary add a bit of water to help blending everything, but try to add as little as possible.
- Spread frosting over the top of the cakes and decorate with choped walnuts, orange zest and raisins. Keep chilled in fridge until ready to serve (and the frosting hardens a bit). Enjoy!