This is definitely a recipe that takes longer to write down then to make. Raw fettuccine alfredo is the perfect recipe for you if you crave something quick, light, refreshing and flavour-packed. Especially if you are looking for something that doesn’t require heat to make it. It’s a really awesome and healthy recipe for warm summer days, especially if you are bored of simple lettuce salads.
I was avoiding buying a spiralizer for ages, simply because my kitchen is way to small for getting any new kitchen tools. Of course I couldn’t hold myself back after a while, but for a long time I made zucchini noodles without a proper spiralizer.
So how to spiralize without a a spiralizer? How to make super delicious zoodles?
- Use a knife. It can be a bit time consuming, but if you are a pro with your knife it shouldn’t be a problem. Just slice/julienne the zucchinis very thinly until you achieve your desired pasta shape.
- You can also use a cheese grater. It makes shorter noodles than the spiralizer, but they taste just as good. Just put the grater on its side, with the big-thick grater facing up. Grate the zucchini lengthwise along the grater in long strokes, so you get zucchini strips.
- Or use a normal vegetable peeler. This way you will create pappardelle style noodles, which are the best with tomato sauce.
- If you feel like you need a real tool, but you don’t want to spend that much money or you have a small kitchen like I do, something like a julienne peeler or a handheld spiralizer are just the perfect options for you. I can recommend this Zyliss Julienne Peeler and this Brieftons Spiral Slicer.
- Some mandolins also come with a julienne attachment. Use the mandolin to create zucchini ribbons.
So use whatever you like to turn your zucchinis into noodles, this recipe will be super delicious each way! It’s such a satisfying summer dish, it’s hard to believe it’s all raw and takes only 10 minutes to make.
- 4 zucchinis
- 1 cup of soaked cashews
- ¼ cup of nutritional yeast
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- ½ cup of water
- 1 lemon, juice
- pinch of freshly ground nutmeg
- handful of pine nuts (optional)
- salt, pepper
- Start by spiralizing 3 and a half zucchinis.
- Add half of a zucchini (and the little leftovers from the spiralizing), cashews, nutritional yeast, garlic, lemon juice and seasoning to a blender and blend until completely smooth. Adjust consistency with water.
- Mix together zucchini noodles with the sauce. Serve with pine nuts on top. Enjoy!