Hello summer, hello simple and delicious green summer salad with an almost kitschy pink red currant dressing! I very much appreciate you are here!
I grew up having a lots of red currants in our garden, but I wasn’t really crazy about them. Of course I wasn’t, the neighbours had raspberries and blackberries and we only had stupid red and black currants and some gooseberries…..eck. In the past 10 years I avoided red currants as much as I could. I have bought and tried every possible berries, but never red currants. Then something weird happened last week. I went to the farmer’s market, saw some red currants and instead of being disgusted, I just couldn’t resist to buy them. And walking home I just couldn’t stop thinking of a red currant salad.
This sweet and tart red currant dressing gives so much flavour to any green salad. It’s a healthy, fresh and insanely delicious salad! And that vibrant color is totally unrealistic, so-very-cool!
Just one last thing: Who knew red currant and dill together are that AMAZING!
- 3 cups of leafy greens
- ½ cup of almond
- bunch of fresh herbs (I used dill and chives)
- 1 cup of red currants + more to decorate
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- salt, pepper
- Add one cup of red currants, olive oil, water, maple syrup, salt and pepper to a food processor and process until completely smooth.
- Roast almonds in a skillet until lightly toasted. Cut them roughly.
- Arrange leafy greens and herbs on a large plate or salad bowl, then drizzle with dressing. Add almonds and red currants. Enjoy!