This celeriac steak is the easiest thing to make ever, but boy, oh boy, absolutely stunning. It is a delicious, hearty, meaty steak which goes perfectly with the tangy pomegranate-cilantro relish. Celeriac steak makes a lovely light vegan dinner with a side salad, and the leftover steaks are delightful cold in a sandwich too. This dish looks also unbelievable pretty, so it’s a great recipe for the holidays. Yay, an other recipe which is perfect for Christmas!
This summer was the first time I tried celery root roasted, in fact I have only eaten celeriac raw in salads or as pasta before. We had a lovely barbecue with my boyfriend’s dad and had yummy salads and dips and celeriac slices coated in breadcrumbs to grill. We used mustard to substitute eggs and I had to realise, that combination (especially roasted) is totally breathtaking! Since that I love to make roasted celeriac or celeriac steaks, sometimes with breadcrumbs sometimes simply without that. So today I simply had to share this awesomeness with you, because I know that you will love it too. Especially if you are still looking for an easy Christmas dinner recipe idea.
- 1 celery root
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1,5 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup of pomegranate seeds
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- ½ cup of toasted walnuts
- 1 lime
- salt, pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Peel celery root and cut into 1 cm/0.4 inch slices.
- Whisk together mustard, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, crushed garlic, half a tablespoon of olive oil, salt and pepper. Brush half of the mixture over celery slices.
- Roast celeriac steaks for about 25 minutes, turn them over and brush with remaining marinade. Continue roasting for about 30 minutes, until tender and golden.
- Meanwhile mix together pomegranate seeds, chopped cilantro and walnuts, lime juice, one tablespoon of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Serve celeriac steaks warm, top with a generous amount of pomegranate mixture. Enjoy!