Simple Raw Zucchini Roll-Ups with cashew cream cheese, asparagus and dill.
Super cute raw vegan zucchini roll-ups that happen to be perfect as light and healthy appetiser or quick snack. These zucchini rolls are filled with a creamy, herbed cashew cheese, asparagus, scallions and dill, so they are full of fresh flavours. They are easy and quick to make and look oh-so-pretty. Is it just me, or veggies really taste a lot better when they look fancy?! These here are such delightful spring bites.
I’ve been a huge fan of cucumber and zucchini roll-ups for quite some time, because they are ridiculously simple to make and require only a few ingredients and no major kitchen prep. These babies are great for spring or summer time, when you want something light and fresh, and probably even raw. But of course if raw veggies are not your thing, feel free to grill your zucchini and asparagus first. I really love these with cashew cream cheese, but for an extra quick version hummus is a great alternative here too. Honestly, you can’t really go wrong with such recipes, just get creative!
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would highly appreciate if you could leave a comment and rate it. Also don’t forget to take a picture and tag it on Instagram (use the hashtag #greenevi) or post it on Facebook! I love seeing what you come up with! ♥︎
- 1 large zucchini
- 8-10 asparagus
- 3 scallions
- 1 cup of cashew cream cheese
- small bunch of fresh dill
- salt, pepper
- Using a mandolin or a sharp knife slice zucchini into thin strips.
- Trim asparagus, and cut the tip end into 6-8 cm/2-3 inch long pieces.* Halve thicker stems lengthwise. Halve scallions lengthwise as well then cut into smaller pieces.
- Put a dollop of cashew cheese at the end of a zucchini slice. Top with asparagus, scallion and dill, and season with salt and pepper. Roll up tightly and place seam side down on a serving plate. Repeat this with remaining zucchini slices. Enjoy!