Simple and quick vegan Balsamic Lentil Stew is a great comfort food for the colder days.
This Balsamic Lentil Stew is a great budget-friendly recipe that requires only a few, basic ingredients and just one pot. This stew is seriously easy to make, yet it’s absolutely delicious and heartwarming. Balsamic Lentil Stew makes a lovely autumn/winter meal by itself, but it’s also amazing served with rice, pasta or potatoes. It also freezes well, so don’t hesitate to double or triple the portion, so you’ll have a quick weeknight dinner option any time.
My most popular recipes on the blog are always my cheap and simple recipes, so I thought you would surely enjoy this one here too. It’s actually not my recipe, my boyfriend introduced me to this dish a few years ago, and I’ve instantly fell in love (with the food of course, not with him). It’s one of those dishes I can never get bored of. However I have to admit, I have never made this stew myself – luckily I’m super spoiled and my boyfriend cooks this deliciousness for me. So actually all I did here was slicing a loaf of bread and force him to hold the bowl in the perfect angle so the pictures will be exactly as I want them. And now I take all the credit for his awesomeness…hahaha…Yay for boyfriend recipes!
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would highly appreciate if you could leave a comment and rate it. Also don’t forget to take a picture and tag it on Instagram (use the hashtag #greenevi) or post it on Facebook! I love seeing what you come up with! ♥︎
- 1 large onion
- 2 cans of lentil
- 3 cups of vegetable broth (or water)
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- ⅓ cup of balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- ½ tsp liquid smoke (optional)
- salt, pepper
- Chop onion. Drain and rinse lentils.
- Add lentils, onion and broth to a pot, and cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, vinegar, maple syrup, liquid smoke and thyme and cook for about 10 more minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm. Enjoy!