A simple Summer Panzanella Salad with nectarines and cherry tomatoes.
A super easy and quick recipe, this summer panzanella salad makes a light yet filling meal for the warmer days. This classic dish is full of fresh flavours and awesome textures, it’s savoury, fresh, and so very colourful! Sweet cherry tomatoes, fragrant basil, juicy nectarines, crisp greens, crunchy bread cubes….do I really have to say anything else?
Panzanella is probably my all time favourite dish to use up leftover, slightly stale bread. Why throw away the rest of a good loaf of bread when you can create something amazing with it too, right? It’s such a simple yet flavourful dish, I seriously can’t get enough of those balsamic vinegar and garlic soaked bread cubes. Yum!
I love to let the salad rest for at least 30 minutes before serving, so the bread can take in all the flavours from the other ingredients. However it’s also okay if you serve it right away, it’s going to be still REALLY good!
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would highly appreciate if you could leave a comment and rate it. Also don’t forget to take a picture and tag it on Instagram (use the hashtag #greenevi) or post it on Facebook! I love seeing what you come up with! ♥︎
- 3 slices of slightly stale bread (use GF if needed) *
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 2 nectarines
- 2 tbsp of mixed sprouts
- 1 cup of fresh basil
- 4 cups of mixed greens
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 lemon, juice
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1,5 tbsp maple syrup
- salt, pepper
- Cut bread into smaller pieces, halve cherry tomatoes, slice onion thinly, dice nectarines, chop basil roughly, then add them all to a large bowl with sprouts, mixed greens and pine nuts.
- For the dressing whisk together vinegar, lemon juice, minced garlic and maple syrup. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss salad with dressing. Let rest for 30 minutes before serving. Enjoy!