Super simple 3-ingredient vegan coconut panna cotta.
Are you looking for a quick and easy Valentine’s Day treat? Do you want to make something fancy for your sweetheart or yourself but don’t want to spend more than 5 minutes in the kitchen? Are you so into coconut, that you could eat a whole can of it? I have something for you! This slightly sweet, creamy and very coconutty vegan panna cotta is a wonderful light and fresh dessert. Extremely quick and simple to make, but it’s sure to impress your loved one. So go, make coconut panna cottas, or go and make love! Or both. Happy Valentine’s Day!
I wouldn’t even call this a recipe, it is so ridiculously simple. This wobbly little panna cotta is absolutely no work to put together. Coconut milk, sweetener of your choice and a little bit of agar agar. That’s it. Decorate with whatever you like. Fresh or dried berries, pomegranate seeds or some chocolate make this dessert just perfect for Valentine’s Day. This is a very basic recipe which gives you a lot of options to experiment. Add fruit or chocolate pieces to the panna cotta, colour it pink with beet powder or raspberry purée, or even make a layered version for a super pretty result. Play around with spices, vanilla, orange and lemon zest, cardamom or ginger is delicious with coconut. You can even add a bit of alcohol to the mixture (yummy!). Make one large panna cotta and slice it as a cake or make a bunch of tiny coconut pralines. So much fun!
But if you don’t like coconut or you just feel like making something different or something chocolaty for Valentine’s Day, I have something for you too. Check out these quick recipes for example:
- No-Bake Sweet Potato Cake
- Raw Peanut Butter Chocolate Balls
- Berry Basil Popsicles
- The Ultimate Raw Chocolate Cake
- Flourless Chocolate Cake with Coconut
So tell me, what are your plans for February 14?
Are you even celebrating Valentine’s Day?
Do you like it? Do you hate it? Do you think it’s cheesy?
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk
- 2-3 tbsp coconut blossom syrup (or maple syrup)
- 1 tsp agar agar powder
- strawberries to decorate
- Place agar agar, coconut syrup and coconut milk to a small pot and bring to the boil then turn it down to a simmer. Cook for about 2-3 minutes whisking it constantly.
- Pour the mixture into 2 small silicon forms and chill in the fridge for 1-2 hour. Turn the puddings out into a plate to serve. Decorate with strawberries or fruit of your choice. Enjoy!