Vegan Green Tortilla Pizza with oil-free pesto, cashew sauce and all the greens.
There’s not much to say about today’s recipe. Because if you’ve ever tried tortilla pizzas, you know it exactly that these are super amazing. And if you’ve never made these, then you SERIOUSLY have to make these right now. Because tortilla pizzas are simply the best. They make the easiest and quickest weeknight dinner….honestly, I’ve never met anybody who wouldn’t love these.
This vegan green tortilla pizza is kinda the love child of two worlds – anybody who is into green, healthy and pretty food will love it, and anybody who wants some quick, ‘trashy/junk’ pizza will adore it as well. Tortillas make a great pizza base. That’s a fact. If you are lazy you can just use some store-bought vegan pesto or tomato sauce, but if you feel fancy
like I usually do when it comes to food, then try this version. It’s an absolute eye candy and tastes simply heavenly!
Also, trust me. If you’ve never tried a pizza with avocados before, then please, try it right now. It’s super amazing. I personally don’t like them baked, but oh gosh, when they are raw on a freshly baked pizza, they are the best pizza topping!
If you are looking for other super quick (and kid-friendly) pizza options, try my Pita Pizzas. Or if you want to try something healthy and a bit more special, my Mini Cauliflower Pizza recipe are perfect for you.
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would highly appreciate if you could leave a comment and rate it. Also don’t forget to take a picture and tag it on Instagram (use the hashtag #greenevi) or post it on Facebook! I love seeing what you come up with! ♥︎
- 2 tortillas (use GF if needed)
- ½ zucchini, diced
- 1 cup of tightly packed basil
- 1 cup of tightly packed arugula
- 1 tbsp of tahini
- 2-3 tbsp of nutritional yeast
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 lemon, juice
- salt, pepper
- ½ cup of cashews, preferably soaked
- 1 tsp white miso
- ¼-1/3 cup of water
- 1 lemon, juice
- ½ zucchini
- ½ cup of fresh green peas
- 2 green tomatoes
- 1 scallion
- 1 avocado
- ⅓ cup of fresh basil
- ⅓ cup of arugula
- ¼ cup of garden cress
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- Place tortillas on a baking sheet and bake at 180°C/360ºF for 7-10 minutes, until just crisp.
- Meanwhile prepare sauces and toppings. For the pesto base add ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Do the same with cashew sauce ingredients. You want a thick, but drizzleable sauce.
- For the toppings slice zucchini, green tomatoes and avocado thinly, and chop scallions.
- Spread pesto over crisp tortillas. Top with sliced zucchini, tomatoes and green peas. Drizzle with cashew sauce. Return to oven and bake until toppings are heated through, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove pizzas from the oven, top with avocados, basil, arugula and garden cress, and sprinkle with poppy seeds. Enjoy!