Vegan olive and artichoke tart with green peas, cannellini beans and cashews.
This olive and artichoke tart (or quiche if you want) is very simple to make, takes just a few minutes to prepare, but tastes absolutely amazing. It’s savory, hearty, loaded with veggies, full of flavor and the texture is basically perfect. Seriously. I’ve experimented a lot with eggless tart/quiche fillings the last months, so I am confident that this version will fool even the most devoted non-vegans. So try it! The mixture of cashew and beans makes a creamy, custardy and rich base, which happens to be also a cheaper version to the only nut fillings and is of course soy-free. This vegan tart will make any lazy weekend brunch a little more special, but it’s also great for weekdays with a big green salad. Plus since it’s delicious cold too, it’s the food you want to take with you to work or to picnics and potlucks.
So, since I mentioned to you last week I don’t really like to describe my recipes, you may guess that I won’t talk about how this tart/quiche tastes anymore (very good, trust me!). Instead I will tell you today, how much I love you and appreciate you. I know, I know, it sounds cheesy and corny, but I really do. Because you can’t even imagine how happy it makes me, when I get a sweet email or comment, when you send me pictures or even just the fact that you read my blog. I can have the worst day ever, but when I see a new mail from you, my mood instantly brightens up. That’s it. Enough sappiness for today. Just wanted you to know that I’m truly grateful for having you all! ♥︎
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would highly appreciate if you could leave a comment and rate it. Also don’t forget to take a picture and tag it on Instagram (use the hashtag #greenevi) or post it on Facebook! I love seeing what you come up with! ♥︎
- ¾ cup of cashews, preferably soaked
- 1 can of cannellini beans
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 lemon, juice
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2-4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1,5 tsp oregano
- 1,5 tsp basil
- 1 tbsp summer savory
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 cans of artichoke hearts
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 1 pack of puff pastry*, make sure it's vegan
- salt**, pepper
- Add cashews, beans, mustard, lemon juice, garlic, nutritional yeast, herbs, starch, salt, pepper and about ⅔ cup of water*** to a blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Press puff pastry into your baking forms. I used a large 23 cm/9 inch dish, but you can use 2-4 smaller dishes instead. Prick pastry with a fork a few times.
- Spread half of the cashew-bean mixture over the bottom of the tart, then layer artichoke hearts, peas and olives. Pour the rest of the mixture on top.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes at 200°C/400°F. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
**Use black salt for a more eggy taste.
***For an even creamier result use plant milk instead of water. Or for an extra fancy version use white wine.