Smooth and creamy vegan white chocolate mousse using aquafaba as the base.
I am so impressed with this recipe today, seriously. This 2-ingredient(!!!) vegan white chocolate mousse has an amazing fluffy and silky texture and a luscious sweet white chocolate taste. One spoonful and I was immediately in love. I mean, look at that! How could you not be?
So, yes, aquafaba. I am pretty sure you have all heard of it already. All I can say: THANK YOU to whoever “invented” it. Because it has changed my life. First I have discovered the deliciousness that is this vegan tart, then came all kind of meringues, ice creams and pavlovas. Then I tried this mousse au chocolat recipe and since then I haven’t been able to stop making it. The only thing is that actually I have always been a white chocolate type of girl, so I felt I have to change a recipe a bit to my taste. This white chocolate version has been on my mind for quite a while now, but I wasn’t sure if it would work with a vegan chocolate. Luckily I found the perfect solution, thanks to my favourite German vegan chocolate brand, iChoc. Oh, their chocolates are so so so good, I am totally obsessed with them. They were kind enough to send me a whole bunch of chocolates to make this recipe plus to give away a selection of their chocolates to 3 lucky winners. Yeah!
- liquid of 1 can of chickpeas - about 140 ml of liquid (use unsalted or low salt version)
- 110 gr vegan white chocolate
- strawberries to decorate
- Start by melting white chocolate over a bain marie. Once fully melted, let it cool down until you prepare aquafaba.
- Pour out liquid from the can of chickpeas and add to a mixer bowl. Whisk until soft peaks form, it takes about 5-10 minutes.
- Gently fold in the cold, melted white chocolate using a spatula, then lightly stir it until chocolate is fully incorporated into aquafaba.
- Pour into serving glasses and chill for 20-30 minutes. Decorate with strawberries and grated white chocolate. Enjoy!
GIVEAWAY is closed