3 delicious Superfood Smoothies that you’ll love!
January is all about making healthy choices, and what better way to kick start the year than having a delicious superfood smoothie, right? Because drinking a big glass of smoothie is the quickest and easiest way to get in your fruits and veggies. Today I want to share with you 3 delicious recipes, that are all loaded with fresh fruits, vegetables, and superfoods, yet they all taste like a treat. Aaaaaand they look super pretty and absolutely insta-worthy (the most important thing ever!).
I have to admit, I never drink smoothies for breakfast (I prefer them as a little afternoon snack), but my boyfriend always starts his day with a big smoothie, so we pretty much became experts in smoothies. We usually just throw in the blender whatever fruit or veggie we have, but of course there are a few favorite recipes, that are just the best. These 3 superfood smoothie recipes are such favorite recipes too.
The measurement and quantities here are just guidelines, feel free to adjust the recipes to your liking. I like to use coconut water as a base for most smoothies, but regular water or any plant milk are a good choice as well.
- Yellow: The base of this smoothie is mango and orange juice, with a little kick of turmeric, ginger and cayenne pepper. It’s bright and sweet, perfect for these grey days.
- Green: Apple, kiwi and banana is always a winner combo, especially with kale and wheatgrass. It’s a great recipe to have a big portion of greens without even realizing it.
- Black: Oh, my favorite color ever! This cool black smoothie is not only delicious, thanks to the mix of berries and pineapple, but also extra healthy with the added charcoal.
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would highly appreciate if you could leave a comment and rate it. Also don’t forget to take a picture and tag it on Instagram (use the hashtag #greenevi) or post it on Facebook! I love seeing what you come up with! ♥︎
- 2 oranges, juice
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 tsp fresh, grated ginger
- 1 tsp fresh, grated turmeric
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 green apple, diced
- 1 banana
- 2 kiwis, diced
- ⅔ cup of chopped kale
- handful of fresh mint
- 1 tbsp wheatgrass powder
- 1 cup of diced pineapple (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup of mixed berries (fresh or frozen)
- ½ banana
- ¼ - ½ tsp activated charcoal
- 1 tsp chia seeds (optional)
- For each smoothie place all ingredients in a blender and puree until completely smooth.
- Adjust consistency with water or coconut water and serve immediately. Enjoy!