What says summer more than a cold and delicious popsicle? I am not even a big fan of sweets, but when it’s hot outside all I wanna eat is ‘nice’ cream and quick to make popsicles. These berry basil popsicles are so wonderfully refreshing and flavourful, they are perfectly sweet, slightly tart and so special with the basil. The best ever fun fruity summer treat!
I actually really eat crazy amounts of berry-herb popsicles. They are the best. And I love so many different combinations! I’ve tried and loved basil, mint, tarragon, lemongrass, anise, black pepper and ginger with random combinations of strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, red and black currants. You only have to adjust the sweetness depending on how sweet you like your popsicles. Simple and so cool to make!
- 1½ cup of sliced strawberries
- 1 cup of mixed berries (I used raspberry, red currant and blueberry)
- 10-20 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1-3 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- Add every ingredient to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into popsicle molds and insert popsicle sticks. Freeze overnight. Enjoy!