Cauliflower cheese sauce stuffed sweet potatoes with tempeh is an extremely satisfying comfort food.
Yet another comfort food. A very good one. Cauliflower cheese sauce stuffed sweet potato is a recipe that is extremely easy and simple to make, requiring just a few ingredients (give or take a topping). And it’s of course healthy, satisfying, vegan and gluten free. The tender, naturally sweet baked sweet potatoes go so well with the creamy, subtly spiced miso-cauliflower cheese, the fresh greens, the aromatic sun-dried tomatoes and the crispy tempeh. No-fuss recipe, that is filling, cheap and extremely tasty.
Oh yeah, stuffed sweet potatoes. Or potatoes. I am truly addicted. This is a STAPLE FOOD in our lives. It’s the food I always have as a ‘fast food’ on the go (Kumpir ♥︎) and as an ‘I have too many random things in my fridge food’. I truly love it. Creamy soups, random salads and stuffed potatoes are the best leftover savers, aren’t they? So here it is, another leftover-using recipe, though it can look so fancy, you would never guess it’s made out of fridge bottom ingredients. I hope you like it.
- 4 sweet potatoes
- ½ head of cauliflower
- ½ cup of nutritional yeast
- ½ cup of veggie broth or water
- 1 clove of garlic
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 small chili pepper
- 1 tbsp white miso
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp tahini
- ¾ cup of diced tempeh
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup of kale
- 20 fresh basil leaves
- ⅓ cup of pecan nuts
- Wash sweet potatoes, place them on a baking tray and use a fork to pierce a few holes into potatoes. Roast them at 180°C/360ºF for about 45 minutes or until fork-tender.
- Meanwhile cut cauliflower into large florets. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, then add the cauliflower and cook for 15-20 minutes, until cauliflower is soft. Drain and let cool a bit.
- For the cheesy sauce add cooked cauliflower, nutritional yeast, broth, garlic, cayenne, chopped chili, miso, lemon juice and tahini to a blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Heat balsamic and apple cider vinegar together in a skillet. Add tempeh cubes and stir quickly to coat. Sauté over high heat until begins to turn crisp, about 5 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Prepare remaining toppings, such as chopped kale, basil, sun-dried tomatoes and pecans.
- To serve split open baked potatoes and gently press in on both ends. Fill each potatoes with cauliflower cheese and toppings. Enjoy!