I love this Christmas kale salad, it looks like it is ‘dressed’ just for the holidays. Super simple and quick to prepare, but the creamy pine nut-orange dressing and the pretty little pomegranate seeds make this salad absolutely festive and special. This salad can be served as a side or as a quick and healthy meal for the crazy times, when you have absolutely no time to cook, but still wanna eat something yummy.
So unbelievable, only 3 days left until Christmas. I still have some gifts to buy, I haven’t wrapped anything yet, and I am also not really sure yet, what we eat on Christmas eve. But our tree is decorated, we baked a lots of cookies, so I don’t worry anymore. At the end it all comes together.
What about you? Are you a last minute person, like I am? Then here it comes, my last minute vegan Christmas menu for you.
Starters and Soups
Simple Celeriac Steak served with Mandarine and Orange Mustard
Artichokes with Sun-Dried Tomato Dip
Spiral Vegetable Tarts
Pesto and Olive Stuffed Mushrooms
The Ultimate Nut Roast
Kale and Cranberry Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Spicy Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Coconut
Sides and Salads
Cabbage Salad with Mandarine, Ginger and Tahini Dressing
Quinoa, Pumpkin and Kale Salad with Tempeh
Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
Grilled Vegetables with Apple Mustard Sauce
Smashed Purple Potatoes
Massaged Kale Salad with Quinoa
- 6 cups of chopped kale
- ½ cup of pomegranate seeds
- 4 tbsp hemp seeds
- ⅔ cup of orange juice
- ½ cup of pine nuts (or cashews)
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 2 cloves of garlic
- black pepper
- For the dressing add orange juice, pine nuts, mustard, soy sauce, garlic and black pepper to a blender and process until completely smooth. Adjust consistency with water or orange juice if needed.
- Add chopped kale, pomegranate seeds and hemp seeds to a large bowl and mix together with dressing. Enjoy!