An easy, 20-minute grilled summer vegetable salad with an apple mustard dipping sauce. Healthy, delicious and so easy to make!
When the warmer months roll around, I’m all about grilled veggies. I love them as salad, as snack or just as side dish with some grilled tempeh. Actually the best part is that you just grill the vegetables and decide later what you wanna do with them. For example a salad like this really pleases vegans and non-vegans: it’s actually a must at a BBQ party!
About the apple mustard sauce: It’s revolutionary! Seriously! So insanely good!
Since I don’t really have a sweet tooth, it happens often that I don’t have any sweetener at home. Like it happened a few weeks ago. I wanted to have a sweet mustard dressing for my salad but I didn’t have a drop of maple or agave anymore. I was so disappointed and I desperately wanted to have my ‘honey’-mustard taste….long story short, I noticed some apple sauce in the fridge and then magic has just happened. Since that this apple mustard sauce is a new LOVE! Try it, try it, so good!!!
Grill your favourite summer veggies! Use a grill pan, the oven or FIRE! Yeah! The options are endless:
- Spring onion
- Bell pepper, chili, jalapeño…
- Green bean
- 1 zucchini
- 1 purple onion
- 5-10 padrón peppers
- 5-10 champignons
- 10-15 cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil (if you use a grill pan)
- 1 tbsp summer savory
- 3 tbsp pine nuts
- salt, pepper
- For the dip:
- 3 tbsp applesauce
- 1 tbsp spicy mustard
- 1 tbsp grained mustard
- salt, pepper
- Slice zucchinis and onion thinly, half champignons and cherry tomatoes.
- Grill all your veggies until they have a lovely grill mark on them. If you use a grill pan add a bit of olive oil. Season with summer savory, salt and pepper.
- For the apple mustard sauce mix together applesauce, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Serve veggies cold or warm with pine nuts on top and apple mustard sauce on the side. Enjoy!