Healing vegetable soup with corn, ginger, garlic, turmeric and fresh dill.
This immune-boosting vegetable soup actually has magical powers, since it’s full of nutritious vegetables and fresh herbs. It’s also very quick and simple to make, and of course totally delicious! And you can make it in big batches to freeze for later. One of the best parts of this lovely healing vegetable soup is that it’s absolutely customisable. I personally always love to add potatoes, carrots and some kind of pumpkin to this dish, but feel free to change up the veggies and spices to your taste.
It’s the time of the year again, when I always get sick for a few days and feel massively down. Yes, it’s the time right after I’ve visited my friends and family in Hungary. Although this year surprisingly I didn’t indulge too heavily in alcohol and parties there, the simple fact of traveling, meeting so many people, and doing 1000 different things in a day is still exhausting enough to make me feel a little bit ill for a couple of days. Luckily after years and years of suffering, I’ve mastered the art of quick and healing soups, so my cold usually only lasts 1-2 days. There’s no witchcraft here, but the power of ginger, turmeric, garlic and tons of veggies and herbs (with the good old hydration) is somehow still magical. I eat a few bowls of this soup, drink some tea and ginger shots and shortly I’m feeling new again! Try it next time you get sick!
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would highly appreciate if you could leave a comment and rate it. Also don’t forget to take a picture and tag it on Instagram (use the hashtag #greenevi) or post it on Facebook! I love seeing what you come up with! ♥︎
- 700 g/25 ounce mixed frozen veggies (I used a mix of carrots, red kuri squash, tomatoes, zucchini and bell pepper)
- 1 onion
- 1 large potato
- 4-6 cups of vegetable broth
- 1,5 cups of fresh or frozen corn
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1,5 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup of fresh dill
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp fresh, grated ginger
- salt, pepper
- ½ lemon, juice
- 1 cup of chopped spinach
- handful of peanuts
- Cut potatoes and onion into smaller pieces and add to a large pot with the frozen veggies, broth, turmeric, vinegar and cayenne pepper. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until the veggies are soft.
- Add dill, minced garlic and grated ginger, then using a blender or a handheld blender, puree the soup until creamy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer soup back to the pot, add corn and cook for 2-3 more minutes, until corn is cooked. Serve warm with lemon juice, spinach and peanuts on top. Enjoy! (And get well!)