This recipe for kale and cranberry stuffed sweet potatoes makes the perfect vegan holiday side or even main. Of course not just for vegans. Because everybody loves stuffed sweet potatoes! These here are stuffed with garlicky tahini yogurt, sweet dried cranberries, protein-packed kidney beans, massaged kale and crunchy toasted walnuts. These potatoes are warm and autumnal and super delicious. The flavours here are simply incredible.
I was always into stuffed potatoes, but when I discovered stuffed sweet potatoes a few years ago my love has reached a whole new level. Because stuffed sweet potatoes are extremely cool and satisfying, no matter what. Beautiful, flavourful, sweet and savoury comfort food. They are absolutely customisable, you can make the simplest dinner any time of year or make a super fancy festive version for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Though we don’t celebrate Thanksgiving in Europe, I felt so inspired by all the delicious holiday recipes on the internet. Pumpkin pies, green bean casseroles, cranberry sauces, mashed potatoes and gravy makes me wanna join you all! Unfortunately I can’t do so, so I have to get in holiday mode with these little stuffed potatoes myself.
Check out these sweet potato recipes too, if you need more holiday inspiration:
- Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Soup With Tomato and Lentil
- Sweet Potato and Apple Salad with Miso Dressing
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Grilled Tomatoes
- Sweet Potato Salad with Quinoa and Pine nuts
- No-Bake Sweet Potato Cake
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1 cup of tightly packed kale
- ½ lime, juice
- ½ cup of dried cranberries
- ½ can of kidney beans
- ¼ cup of walnuts
- 1 cup of soy or almond yogurt
- 1 tbsp tahini
- ½ grapefruit, juice + zest
- 1 clove of garlic
- salt, pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Wash sweet potatoes, place them on a baking tray and use a fork to pierce a few holes into potatoes. Roast them for about 45 minutes or until fork-tender.
- In a bowl mix together soy yogurt, tahini, grapefruit juice and zest, crushed garlic, salt and pepper.
- Prepare your toppings. Remove kale stems then tear into small pieces. Add leaves to a bowl with juice of lime and a pinch of salt and massage them together for 2-3 minutes. Rinse and drain beans, toast walnuts and chop them into small pieces.
- Slice open sweet potatoes and stuff them with soy yogurt mixture, cranberries, kale, beans and walnuts. Enjoy!