The original recipe is from The Green Kitchen Stories book, so lovely. I used a bit more cauliflower, a bit less quinoa, tofu instead of feta and so on. It takes a bit of time to make, but the end result is amazing: fresh, filling, healthy and has a great combination of textures and flavors.
These are delicious served with a simple green salad and the leftover next day in a sandwich.
- 1 cup quinoa
- half of a cauliflower /400g/
- 100g firm tofu
- 2 clove garlic
- half cup rolled oats
- 1 flax egg
- coconut oil
- salt, pepper, chili
- Cook the quinoa with 2 cups water for about 15 minutes. Whilst the quinoa is cooking, cut the cauliflower into small florets and place in a food processor. Blend the cauliflower, so it looks like rice, and then add this to a large bowl.
- Chop tofu and garlic into very small pieces, and add to the cauliflower together with the flax egg, the rolled oats, and the spices.
- When the quinoa is done, drain any excess water and let it cool a bit, then add to the mixture too. Mix everything together and let it set for about 15 minutes.
- Once 15 minutes is up, shape it into 8-10 patties, using your hands. Heat up a bit of coconut oil in a frying pan, and place the patties in the pan into the oil. On a medium heat, fry the patties on both side for about 3-5 minutes, or until they develop a brown crust. Serve with a green salad. Enjoy!