A few simple and healthy ingredients make these delicious banana energy bars. They are the perfect morning and afternoon snacks, and the best treats when you need a quick fix. These energy bars are extremely soft and moist and studded with almonds and cacao nibs for extra crunch.
I really enjoy creating (and eating) energy bars, they are so versatile and so very customisable. I love to pack them with nuts or dried fruits, and some nut butter for extra softness. Since I do so I haven’t had any dry or boring ones, so I never miss out this step. You shouldn’t too! Try this basic recipe then go crazy creative with it, you’ll love it!
At the end let me say a huge THANK YOU! I’ve never gotten so many sweet emails before like after my last post where I shared my thought about veganism. I am so happy that so many of you feel the same way and didn’t take what I wrote as an offense against anybody. You are all amazing!
- 1 banana
- 1 ½ cup of rolled oats
- ½ cup of apple sauce
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp cashew butter
- 3 tbsp cacao nibs
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp chopped almond
- ½ tbsp cinnamon
- ¼ tbsp vanilla
- 50g dark chocolate
- Mash banana with a fork in a large bowl, then add every ingredients except for dark chocolate and mix well together.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper, add the mixture and press mixture into pan with your wet fingers evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 180ºC.
- Once they are cold slice into bars and decorate with melted dark chocolate. Enjoy!