Don’t you just love the colour of this Beet and Coconut Pasta?
This creamy vegan beet and coconut pasta is such a perfect comfort food. The sweet coconut milk, the earthy beetroots and the lovely, refreshing mint are so good with pasta. And with lemon zest and toasted pine nuts on top it’s a serious flavour explosion in one dish. This beet and coconut pasta is great warm and cold, it’s quick and easy to make and it’s packed with nutrients. And let’s be honest, who could resist this pretty colour?
I know you always love my quick pasta recipes, so here is another one for you. I could even call this an empty the fridge meal, because I always make this pasta when I have leftover cooked or roasted beets. It’s seriously my favourite way to get my daily iron portion. What I also love about this recipe, that it’s so highly customisable. You can add roasted or raw veggies to the pasta, use lime, tangerine or orange instead of lemon, and of course can add any nuts or seeds for extra crunch. I won’t even say, that mint is a must here, wild garlic, chives, parsley, Thai basil or cilantro work very well too.
If you are looking for more quick and easy pasta recipes, here are some of my favourites for you:
- Simple Vegan Lemon Miso Pasta
- Creamy Wild Garlic Pasta
- Spinach and Caramelised Onion Pasta
- Asparagus and Lima Bean Pasta Salad
- Pasta With Kidney Bean Sauce
- Red Lentil and Spinach Pasta
- Quick Avocado Pasta
- Hungarian Potato Pasta
- Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta with Pecans
- Vegan Roasted Brussels Sprouts Pesto Pasta
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would highly appreciate if you could leave a comment and rate it. Also don’t forget to take a picture and tag it on Instagram (use the hashtag #greenevi) or post it on Facebook! I love seeing what you come up with! ♥︎
- 300 g/10 oz pasta of your choice (use GF if needed)
- 4 cooked or roasted beets
- handful of fresh mint
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 lemon, juice + zest
- 1 tbsp cashew butter (optional)
- ½ cup thick coconut milk
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- salt, pepper
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions.
- Add beets, mint, garlic, cashew butter, lemon juice and zest to a food processor and blend until creamy. Add coconut milk, and pulse a few times until you have a smooth sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss drained pasta with the beet sauce. Serve cold or warm with toasted pine nuts on top. Enjoy!