Delicious soba noodle bowl with cornmeal breaded tofu and crunchy veggies.
This weeknight-friendly creamy soba noodle salad is full of awesome flavours. It’s packed with fragrant cilantro, beautiful, fresh veggies, such as radishes, zucchini and bell pepper, and my favourite spiced cornmeal breaded tofu cubes, then it’s all tossed with a slightly spicy and sweet almond dressing. It’s a light and refreshing bowl that’s filling and satiating at the same time. This soba noodle bowl recipe makes a great quick gluten-free and oil-free dinner option.
The beauty of this recipe (once again), that it’s perfectly customisable. Just toss together whatever veggies and herbs you have left in the fridge or you crave, and voila…you’ve got amazing food. You can add cabbage, edamame, carrots, Thai basil or mint, use peanut or cashew butter instead of almond butter…the options are endless here. Cheers to simple and healthy meals!
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would highly appreciate if you could leave a comment and rate it. Also don’t forget to take a picture and tag it on Instagram (use the hashtag #greenevi) or post it on Facebook! I love seeing what you come up with! ♥︎
- 200 g/7 oz tofu
- 4 tbsp cornmeal
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp turmeric
- salt, pepper
- 100 g/ 3.5 oz soba noodles
- 1 zucchini
- ½ bell pepper
- 2 scallions
- ½ cup of sprouts of your choice
- 10 radishes
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 1 cup of fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp miso
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 lime, juice
- 1,5 tsp fresh, minced ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic
- dash of hot sauce
- Drain tofu, then place between two paper towels and place something heavy on top. Press tofu for at least 10 minutes.
- Mix together in a bowl cornmeal, sesame seeds, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, turmeric, salt and pepper. Once tofu if pressed cut into 1 cm/0.5 inch cubes and transfer to the cornmeal mixture and coat well.
- Arrange tofu on a baking tray in an even layer and bake for 25-30 minutes at 200°C/400℉.
- Prepare soba noodles according to package instructions. Drain well and let cool a bit.
- Meanwhile spiralize zucchini, chop scallions and cilantro roughly, and slice radishes and bell pepper thinly.
- For the dressing whisk together dressing ingredients. Adjust consistency with water (I used about ¼ cup of water here).
- Add cold soba noodles, zucchini, bell pepper, scallions, sprouts, black sesame seeds and the dressing to a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Divide soba noodles among bowls and top with radish slices, cilantro and crispy tofu. Enjoy!