Simple vegan smoky chili almond cheese with rose pepper.
Creamy, tangy, slightly spicy and a little bit smoky…I’m telling you, this cheese is absolutely heavenly. It’s super quick to make, all it requires is a blender and a pot, and about 10 minutes of cooking. This chili almond cheese makes a great snack with crackers or dried fruits, and it’s also lovely as a sandwich or salad topping. If you are a fan of nut cheeses, you’ll really love this recipe.
There are just about a million ways to make vegan cheeses, and this version here is a quick and easy one as it isn’t fermented. It tastes like an aged nut cheese, but luckily you don’t need days to make it, thanks to the agar agar.
You can use this recipe as a base for other flavour combos too. You can make a garlicky cheese or one with fresh herbs. You can also use other nuts, such as cashews, macadamia or walnuts. And if you can’t get enough vegan cheeses, check out some of my other cheese recipes:
- Raw Vegan Cashew Mozzarella
- Vegan Tofu Feta Cheese
- Simple Raw Cultured Cashew Cheese
- Walnut and Herb Vegan Cheese
- Basic Cashew Cheese with Herbs
- Baked Almond Feta
- Quick and Easy Vegan Fondue
- Cauliflower Cheese Sauce
If you try this recipe, let me know! I would highly appreciate if you could leave a comment and rate it. Also don’t forget to take a picture and tag it on Instagram (use the hashtag #greenevi) or post it on Facebook! I love seeing what you come up with! ♥︎
- 200 g/7 oz blanched almonds, soaked
- 1 small chili pepper, minced
- 2 tbsp tapioca flour
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1,5 tsp agar agar powder
- 1 tsp white miso
- 1 lemon, juice
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup of water
- 1 dash of liquid smoke
- 1 tsp rose pepper
- salt, pepper
- Add soaked almonds, tapioca, nutritional yeast, agar agar, miso, lemon juice, vinegar, water, liquid smoke, salt and pepper to a blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Transfer to a sauce pan and heat over medium heat. Stir constantly until it will start to form a gooey cheese sauce.
- Cook and stir on until it firms up completely. It takes 7-10 minutes.
- Add minced chili and rose pepper to the cheesy mixture and mix in roughly.
- Pour mixture into molds*. Place them in fridge to set for about 2 hours. Enjoy!