I am a big fan of wheat berry salads. Of course I am! They are delicious, filling and super versatile. Wheat berries are also very cheap, so I always have some in my kitchen. This here is a beautiful summery version with a lots of fresh herbs, yummy sweet colourful cherry tomatoes and a simple tahini dressing.
First of all I am very sorry for not posting for more than a week and especially for not answering your comments and emails, and not being able to check out your blogs, but I don’t have internet. CRAZY! I planned to still post while moving, I have a lots of great recipes for you, but unfortunately without internet I can’t do a lot. But it should take only a few days and then I’m fully back!
So moving….yes….what a horrible and exhausting thing! There were moments I thought we will never manage to pack everything. But we are finally here in Hamburg, such an amazing city! And the new flat is also great, we have two big balconies, so finally I can start my balcony gardening projects. This makes me extra happy! Oh, and the best part is that the flat is just a street away from my favourite vegan bar! Everything a girl can wish for 🙂
Now back to the recipe. Because it’s a really good recipe. Very easy to make, which means it is great for moving days. Also perfect to make a big portion and eat for days. Or to make a big portion and share with a lot of friends. As you want….
- 1 cup of wheat berries
- 2 cups of halved cherry tomatoes
- bunch of fresh herbs (I used parsley, mint, chive and basil)
- 1 small red onion
- 1 lime, juice
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- salt, pepper
- Cook wheat berries in salted water for about 25-30 minutes.
- While wheat berries are cooking prepare the rest of the ingredients. Chop onion and herbs finely, halve tomatoes and add everything to a big bowl.
- For the dressing mix well together lime juice, olive oil, vinegar, tahini, salt and pepper.
- Drain wheat berries, add to the salad with the dressing and mix everything together. Enjoy!