This super fudgy, rich and dense vegan no-bake sweet potato cake is such a treat! It’s perfectly sweet, super chocolaty and extremely satisfying. This recipe is really quick and easy to make, using only 4 simple ingredients you likely have on hand right now: sweet potatoes, cacao or cocoa powder, shredded coconut and sugar. And no flour!
With this cute cake we are celebrating here today: One year ago this week, I published my first post on Green Evi. Looking back, the past year of my little blogging adventure was so much fun and totally amazing. I have met numerous talented bloggers and extremely sweet readers, I’ve learned a lot about cooking, styling, food photography and just general nerdy coding stuffs. I have had also so many great opportunities to work with magazines and foodie projects….Thanks all to YOU, dear people! ♥
So let’s celebrate with this cake. Hm….cake is actually just a fancy word for something which is more like a brownie. Or if you make small balls they are yummy sweet potato energy balls! Whatever it is, it’s delicious. Especially with coconut whipped cream or vanilla ice cream and fresh fall fruits. I am not a very good baker (to be honest I suck at baking), so I tend to make such no-bake desserts when I crave something sweet or when it’s a blog anniversary. If you are the same untalented baker as I am, you will absolutely love this recipe! So simple, much cool, very yummy!
- 1 small sweet potato (or ⅔ cup of mashed sweet potato)
- ½ cup of cacao powder*
- ¼ cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2-4 tbsp of coconut sugar**
- ½ tsp cinnamon (optional)
- pinch of vanilla powder (optional)
- pomegranate seeds, slices of plum, orange and fig to serve
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Peel sweet potatoes and cut into small pieces. Add them to the boiling water and cook for about 15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain potato cubes, add to food processor with every other ingredient and process until a sticky dough consistency is achieved.
- Put baking paper or cling film in a small cake form. Add the mixture to the form and press down with your hands until it is flat and firm. Place it in fridge to chill for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Turn the cake out into a plate to serve. Add fruits on top. Enjoy!
**You can use a few pitted dates or a bit of maple syrup instead of the coconut sugar. Adjust consistency with shredded coconut.